Low-income communities and residents need and are entitled to the same expertise and the same expectations of excellence that are available to their wealthier neighbors.
BlueHub Loan Fund
BlueHub Loan Fund provides financing for affordable housing, education, healthcare and economic and environmental vitality – key elements to creating healthy communities. As a national, certified Community Development Financial Institution, we partner with other nonprofits, government and developers to connect low-income communities with capital that generates economic opportunity and stability.
Racial and economic equity are enduring values at BlueHub Capital: We believe that everyone is entitled to live in a safe and economically vibrant neighborhood that offers affordable housing, good jobs and high-quality schools and services.
BlueHub Loan Fund is rated A- with a stable outlook—signaling strong credit worthiness—by S&P Global Ratings. Read S&P's Summary Report on the Loan Fund here.
How BlueHub Loan Fund Builds Healthy Communities
Since 1985, BlueHub Loan Fund has made loans totaling over $1.5 billion to enhance the lives of individuals and families.
We build healthy communities by financing a broad range of projects:
- Affordable Housing: 26,500+ units built, preserved, or enhanced
- Healthcare: Facilities offering a comprehensive range of care to 197,700+ patients
- Childcare: Facilities serving 18,800+ children
- Education: Schools and youth programs serving 52,600+ students
- Commercial Real Estate and Community Facilities: Development of over 6.5 million square feet of commercial real estate and community facilities
- Jobs: Over 16,900 jobs created or retained since 2012
- Healthy Food Retail: Facilities serving over 1.7 million customers annually
- Sustainability: Collaboration with BlueHub Energy to bring energy resilience and cost savings to low-income communities
We customize our financing to match the unique needs of each borrower and project, and offer a range of loan options:
- New Markets Tax Credits Leverage Lending
- State Tax Credit Intermediary Lending
- Bridge Loans
An Accountable and Trusted Partner
We work with our borrowers to ensure that our financing delivers powerful and positive benefits in the community.
For more than thirty years, we have asked questions that maintain our commitment to both the communities we serve and our financial partners:
- Who does this project benefit?
- Does this project have strong community support?
- Will this project inspire future investment that benefits low-income community members?
- Is the impact significant? Is the financial risk acceptable?
BlueHub Loan Fund serves as a vehicle for a wide range of impact investors who want their capital to promote healthy communities. Thanks to hundreds of investors and other partners, BlueHub Loan Fund provides financing that improves equitable access to opportunity.
Our investors include individuals; financial institutions, including other CDFIs; community foundations and religious, academic, and civic organizations; the CDFI Fund; and intermediaries such as the Opportunity Finance Network.
Michelle Volpe, Loan Fund President: 617.427.3509 | email@example.com
Yaritsa Brea, Portfolio Management Analyst: 617.427.3640 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Elisabeth Davis, Assistant Vice President, Commercial Lending: 617.933.5852 | email@example.com
Galina Kim, Construction Loan Administration Specialist: 617.933.5876 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah Kitterman, Senior Vice President: 617.933.5871 | email@example.com
Mei See Law-Sandson, Senior Vice President, Portfolio Management: 617.933.5863 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathryn McHugh, Senior Vice President: 617.427.3608 | email@example.com
Michael Nilles, Senior Vice President: 617.427.3676 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Julie Shea, Assistant Vice President, Commercial Lending: 617.933.5887 | email@example.com
Ebonié Smith-Cooper, Portfolio Management Analyst: 617.427.4549 | firstname.lastname@example.org